Hi there! Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. I’m back from my baking hiatus! Here’s a great cookie recipe for all my chewy cookie recipe lovers. I made these recently for Mother’s Day, they’re were such a hit! Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients :(Makes 48 medium sized toffee cookies (cut the recipe exactly in half if you want to make 24)
(4 1/2) c. Flour
(2) tsp. Vanilla
(1 1/2) c. Sugar **Plus some extra for sprinkling
(1/2) c. Light Brown Sugar
(1) c. Butter, Unsalted, Melted
(1) tsp. Baking Soda
(20) oz. Heath Bar Chocolate Candies
Pinch of salt
Directions: Oven @ 350
(1) Throw health bars in a food processor, grind them down until they look like this ->
Transfer the candies into a second large bowl and add flour & baking soda
(2) In the same food processor, no need to wash again, add the sugars, butter, vanilla, and salt
(3) Combine the two batters together in the large bowl. Finally add the eggs and mix until well incorporated. You always want to treat your eggs w/ the most care when you bake-think of them like you would your grandma 😉
(4) Scoop out a generous tablespoon full of dough, roll into a ball and place on a cookie sheet lined w/ parchment paper. A regular sized cookie sheet should hold 12 cookies, make sure they are spread 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart. Place in the oven for about 11 minutes.
The key here is to take them out when they look almost done because they will continue to cook and harden when you take them out. I usually judge it by when they look ready but feel slightly raw.
(5) Taken them out and sprinkle with a little sugar when they’re hot, let cool and serve!