What looks like a bougie & elegant treat is really just made from a poor mans leftovers. All the ingredients I used were leftover from prior baking adventures. These make great last-minute holiday gifts or a cute addition to any gift. Use any nut you’d like, I just had some cinnamon toasted cashews lying around so I went with them.
Take a Bite Out of Life Makes 12 Truffles
(1 1/2) c. Semi sweet chocolate
(1/2) c. Heavy Cream
(1) c. Cashews chopped
(1/2 c.) Powdered Sugar
Peppermint Extract (Feel free to substitute for vanilla)
(1) Boil a small pot of water, the water should only fill up halfway to the top. Once boiling, turn down the heat and place a heatproof bowl on top. Combine chocolate, cream, and 1 tbsp of extract. Stir until the chocolate melts and is well combined with the cream. Let cool. Congrats, you just made a gnash!
(3) Take chocolate out from freezer and let it sit for 15 minutes or heat up in microwave for 20 seconds. The chocolate will be very hard once its out of the freezer so you just want to get it to a temperature where the chocolate is workable.
(4) Scoop out 1 tbsp of chocolate and roll into a ball with hands.
(5) Spread powdered sugar on a board and roll chocolate balls in powdered sugar, dust off any remaining powder.
(6) Spread Cashew Pieces on board and roll truffle in nuts.
Note: Be sure to refrigerate the truffles until you serve them. Take them out 5-10 minutes before you plan to eat/serve so the chocolate starts to come down to room temperature. Enjoy!