One bite of these cupcakes and you can skip your morning cup of Joe. These elegant & decadent cupcakes will have your taste buds on a rush!
(1/2 c.) Brown sugar
(1/2 c.) Sugar
(1 or 1.5 oz) Espresso chocolate Bar- I used Choxie from Target
(1 1/2 tsp.) Vanilla Extract
(2) tsp. Espresso
(1/2) c. Brewed Coffee (Room Temp)
(1/2) c. Whole or 2% Milk
(1/2) tsp. Baking Soda
(1) tsp. Baking Powder
(1 1/3) c. Flour
(1/2) c. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
(1/2) c. Butter
Pinch of Salt
(3) c. Powdered Sugar
(1 1/4) c. Butter
(2) tsp. Vanilla extract
(2) tsp. Espresso Powder
(1 1/4) c. Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans and (9) extra beans to decorate
Directions Oven at 350, makes 12 cupcakes
(1) Combine Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cocoa Powder, & Salt.
(2) Combine milk, coffee, & espresso until completely dissolved.
(3) Combine coffee mixture into flour mixture, set aside.
(4) Finely chop up chocolate bar, set aside.
(5) Using a stand mixer, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Next, slowly add the coffee/flour mixture until well mixed. Lastly, add the chopped up chocolate.
(6) Evenly pour batter into a lined cupcake pan (12 cupcake size) and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
(8) Using a food processor grind up the chocolate covered espresso beans
(9) Next, combine butter,powdered sugar, vanilla, espresso chocolate grinds, and espresso. Frost cupcakes once completely cooled. If the icing is too thick add 1 tsp. of milk to loosen it up.
(10) Lastly, using a sharp knife, quarter the 9 remainder chocolate beans, decorate each cupcake with three beans in the middle.
I boxed half of the cupcakes up in a cupcake box and gave them to a friend. Such a cute gift for a coffee lover!